Contribution to local communities
Canon is assisting local communities in each region where we operate by providing goods such as hygiene products and foodstuffs, and through donations and fundraising activities.
Contribution to local communities
- Canon Inc.
- Canon offered its gymnasium, a welfare facility owned by Canon Inc., free of charge to Ota-ku, Tokyo as a venue for receiving COVID-19 vaccine.
- Fukushima Canon Inc.
- 180 cloth masks made by employees and their families were donated to Fukushima City (Distribution to local junior high schools).
- 130 face shields manufactured in-house were donated to Fukushima Prefecture.
- Nagahama Canon Inc.
- As support for medical sites where supplies are in short supply, Nagahama Canon donated 200 aprons (gowns) that we made as trial products to Nagahama City and the Kohoku Medical Association as equipment.
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- Canon Medical Systems donated protective clothing to Tochigi Prefecture, Otawara City, and Nasushiobara City governments.
- Canon Virginia, Inc.
- Canon Virginia donated cloth masks made by employees to local police and medical institutions.
- Canon Hi-Tech (Thailand) Ltd.
- Offered funding support to the Public Health Organization of Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Province, helping to procure 30 sets of beds for the new field hospital.
- In collaboration with Bang Pa-In District Public Health Office, Canon offered their facility for use as a COVID-19 testing center for organizations located in Hi-Tech Industrial Estate (Ban Wa), where Canon operates its factory, and its vicinity. Employee volunteers supported the operation at the center.
- ‘Community pantries’ or ‘pantries of sharing’ were set up in the Ayutthaya and Nakhon Ratchasima areas where the factory is located to distribute rice, drinking water, instant noodles and snacks.
- Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Canon Marketing (Thailand) donated foodstuffs and daily necessities collected by employees to refill total 39 ‘pantries of sharing’ that were set up in local villages and communities in Bangkok, Samutsakorn and Chiang Mai.
- Donated 1,250 unit of PPE suit and 2,500 pieces of N95 mask to 5 hospitals located in remote areas in Chiang Mai, Tak, Samut Sakhon, Nonthaburi and Pattani provinces, for which support is often most inaccessible.
- Canon Business Machines (Philippines), Inc.
- Canon Business Machines (Philippines) donated 1,000 N95 masks from the company’s stock to each of the three general hospitals in the neighborhood.
- Canon India Pvt. Ltd.
- Canon India collaborated with CII Foundation to organize COVID-19 vaccination drives for the underprivileged communities in rural and urban slum areas, thereby providing COVID vaccination to 3200+ people.
- To increase the preparedness of their adopted villages in an unforeseen circumstance of future COVID-19 surges, oxygen cylinders and related accessories were placed in Canon India’s adopted villages, to ensure emergency oxygen availability.
- Canon India conducted vaccination awareness drive to support its 4 adopted villages with the required information about vaccines and assist them in registering on government portals for vaccination, thereby supporting over 2,300 people.
- Canon India provided essential food and sanitation items to people in the villages that it has been supporting.
- The company provided over 732 PPE kits for healthcare workers. The kits were given to the Health Ministries and the Directorate of Medical Education and Research of several states in the country. Additionally, kits were donated to the government hospitals near Canon India’s adopted villages.
- Employees across India contributed to the PM CARES Fund.
- Canon Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Donated 29 unused PCs through NGOs for online learning, which is in high demand due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Canon Marketing (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- During the pandemic lockdown in Malaysia, staff from the headquarters and 5 branch offices joined local non-profit organizations (NGO) to help over 500 families in need of food aid.
- Canon Vietnam Co., Ltd.
- Donated $40,000 to the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund for the purchase, import and research of vaccines.
- Donated medical supplies, including thousands of medical masks, epidemic prevention clothing, and rapid antigen testing, and necessities such as noodles and dry foods to 5 provinces.