Canon is developing activities to support medical institutions. These activities include donating X-ray CT diagnostic equipment for clinical testing of pneumonia, and research on the practical application of a rapid genetic testing system for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
Contribution through business activities
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- Launch of the Rapiim SARS-CoV-2-N, a qualitative antigen test kit.
- Release of Mobile Medical Container CT Equipped with Measures to Prevent the Spread of Infectious Disease
- Launch of the Genelyzer F-MS kit that enables simultaneous testing of 96 samples.
- Launch of the Genelyzer KIT, a set of reagents for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RNA testing for research use.
- Participation in an empirical study on the usefulness of early diagnosis of COVID-19 pneumonia using a CT-equipped vehicle.
- Start of clinical evaluation of new technology to improve the diagnosis of novel coronavirus pneumonia.
- Canon Medical Systems, in cooperation with Nagasaki University, has successfully developed a rapid genetic testing system with practical application for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
- Canon Medical Systems UK Ltd.
- Canon Medical Systems UK delivered a Relocatable CT Scanner equipped with a complete X-ray CT diagnostic system to Bradfold Royal Infirmary in the UK.
The Relocatable CT Scanner makes possible diagnostic imaging whenever and wherever needed, and contributes to reducing the risk of infection among healthcare workers.
Donation of products
- Canon (China) Co., Ltd.
Canon Medical Systems (China) Co., Ltd.
Other Group companies
- Canon donated a full-body X-ray CT diagnosis system to the Tongji Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, in the City of Wuhan via the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China.