As part of measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Canon provides services that support new lifestyles, such as remote monitoring services that enable non-face-to-face work at medical institutions and retail stores, and services that assist various forms of telework, including telecommuting.
Providing services that support diverse work styles
- Canon Inc.
Canon Marketing Japan Inc.
- Canon is providing free posters and clip art to encourage the adoption of practices for the "new normal."
*High-quality poster creation PC software Poster Artist lite (free of charge) and Poster Artist (for a fee) are available.
- Canon Marketing Japan Inc.
- VisualStage Type-S, a cloud-based video recording service that constructs a remote monitoring environment using network cameras, is provided free of charge for up to two months, from May 26, 2020.
- At the launch of VisualStage GO, an LTE-equipped cloud recording service that enables remote monitoring without a network environment, subscribers were offered two months of service free of charge.
- Office Density Alert Solution is being provided to support safe and secure office environment management by enabling management departments to keep track of congestion levels in offices over a wide area in real time.
- Canon IT Solutions Inc.
- Canon IT Solutions is supporting telecommuting with a cloud-based telework support service that reduces the risk of information leakage through the continuous face recognition function.
- Launch of Cloud VDI, which provides a secure remote working environment.
- Canon System & Support Inc.
- Canon System & Support established a telework consultation service to provide consultation to SMEs considering introducing telework.
Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Canon Middle East FZ-LLC
- Canon Middle East provided a pick-up collection service for used ink, toner, batteries, and paper, as well as used printers, cameras, scanners, and other products for a limited period of time.
- Canon (China) Co., Ltd.
- Canon China introduced a face recognition system that enables users to log in to multifunction devices with masks on, and is offering services that enable users to manage consumables and request remote repair via Internet-connected devices and servers. We also provide online videos explaining how to use multifunction devices, supporting office workers return to work.
- In response to growing demand for home printing, Canon China teamed up with a Chinese delivery company (Shenzhen S.F. Fix Technology Co., Ltd.) to offer home-delivery repair services for inkjet printers.*
*Currently, the service is available in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing.
- Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- In collaboration with Canon Innovative Solution (Beijing), Canon Singapore launched an entry/exit management system that screens body temperature upon entry and exit. The system can be linked to the national digital check-in system, SafeEntry, which is governmentally mandated for all offices and stores, by scanning various forms of identification, including digital or physical ID cards and driver’s licenses.