The History of Canon 2016 -
The Excellent Global Corporation Plan-III
History of Enterprise
History of Products
- Canon launches Phase V of the Excellent Global Corporation Plan.
- Canon Inc., introducing a new corporate structure, appoints CEO Fujio Mitarai as chairman and Masaya Maeda as president and COO.
- Canon makes Toshiba Medical Systems a wholly owned subsidiary to expand Canon’s healthcare business.
- Canon launches the 4K500ST 4K projector, then the world’s smallest and lightest among 5,000 lm class projectors.
- Canon’s digital SLR camera flagship model EOS-1D X Mark II is launched.
EOS-1D X Mark II
- Canon launches the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000, featuring improved core inkjet technology, high image quality printing and A2 printing capability.
- The AXIS Q1659 interchangeable-lens network camera, which integrates Canon imaging technology and AXIS network technology for high-resolution monitoring, is
- Customer Experience Center Tokyo, a facility for experiencing Canon’s commercial printing solutions, opens at Canon headquarters
- Canon makes Miyazaki Daishin Canon Inc. (today, Miyazaki Canon) a wholly owned subsidiary.
- The A3 color MFP imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3500 series, equipped with features realizing superior operability and productivity, is launched.
- Canon launches the enthusiast-oriented EOS 9000D digital SLR camera, offering state-of-the-art functionality
- The CXDI-710C Wireless, the industry’s lightest1 wireless 35 x 43 cm digital radiography system, is launched.
- Toshiba Medical Systems (today, Canon Medical Systems) launches the high-definition CT diagnostic system Aquilion Precision.
- The VarioPrint i300 commercial-use cut sheet printer, capable of A4 double-sided printing of 300 pages per minute (150 sheets/min.), is launched.
- Canon Electronics succeeds in launching the CE-SAT-I micro satellite.
- Canon delivers the nanoimprint lithography manufacturing equipment FPA-1200NZ2C to Toshiba Memory Corporation’s Yokkaichi Operations plant.
- Canon develops the Free Viewpoint Video System.
- The Colorado 1640 UVgel wide format printer is introduced.
1: Including battery pack. As of March 6, 2017. (Canon research)
- Toshiba Medical Systems changes its name to Canon Medical Systems.
- The Canon Eco Technology Park opens to serve as a focal point of the environmental activities of the Canon Group.
- The software training facility Canon Institute of Software Technology is opened.
- Canon makes BriefCam Ltd. (Israel), a leading video content analysis software developer, a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Canon launches a joint research project with the National Center for the Promotion of Cultural Properties for the creation and use of high-resolution facsimiles of cultural properties.
- The EOS M50 mirrorless camera is introduced.
- The business inkjet printer PIXMA G-series with refillable ink tank system is introduced.
- Introduction of both new software for factory automation and the industrial camera N10-W02.
- Canon introduces the EOS R System, a new imaging system, and launches the EOS R full-frame mirrorless camera and RF lens featuring a newly-developed lens mount.
- With the launch of the WG7000 series, Canon makes a full-scale entry into the A3 business inkjet multifunction printer market.
- Canon launches the compact and lightweight EOS RP full-frame mirrorless camera.